What is cheesecloth anyways? It is a loose, woven gauze -like 100% cotton cloth used primarily in cheese making and cooking. Because it is so soft and absorbent, it has many uses outside the kitchen.
These are just a few suggestions:
1) Dampen cheesecloth to easily remove dust and lint cleanly.
2) Try using it instead of a sponge to apply color. Because it is so soft, it makes a great tool to apply colors and blend them gently with no scratches.
3) Use a small square instead of a mop brush to soften or blend. Sometimes we need a little more control than a mop will offer.
4) Color washing is quick and easy with cheesecloth.
5) Take a piece of cheesecloth and lay it over the surface. Apply a layer of paint and carefully lift to remove. It will leave a wonderful texture imprint.
6) Another variation would be to paint first, then press the cheesecloth into the paint for texture.
I keep finding new ways to use this old product. I am sure you will be able to find even more wonderful ways to re-invent the amazing cheesecloth!